Only NDMU students past and present, undergraduate or graduate, can submit work to our regular call for submissions. In the cover letter section of your submission, please include a brief biographical note, including your major/degree program and graduation date.
Young women in high school who wish to submit to our annual contest should do so under the Notre Dame Poetry Award category. This contest is open through March 31, 2017 all young woman poets, ages 14-18, currently enrolled in a high school in Maryland.
This contest is open to all young woman poets, ages 14-18, currently enrolled in a high school in Maryland. Winner: $500; Second Place: $200; Third Place: $100
How to Enter:
1) You will be asked for your name, home address, and email address to begin your entry.
2) In the “Cover Letter” field, include a brief note that states:
- The name of your high school and your anticipated year of graduation
- The title of each poem submitted (max of 2 poems per poet)
3) Submit up to 2 poems as .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf files. Poems should be single spaced, one poem per page. Your name or contact information SHOULD NOT appear on the poems themselves, which will be judged anonymously. Please give each poem a title.
All entries must be received by Friday, March 31, 2017. The English Department of Notre Dame of Maryland University will screen and read all entries. All participants will be notified of the contest results by the end of April.